To increase the speed and efficiency of clinical research protocols, the CTRI is offering project management and support services to investigators. CTRI can help launch and manage your studies by facilitating the initiation and execution of clinical protocols, enabling you to focus on your research.
Click the "contact us" button to find out how CTRI can help you launch and manage your studies.
Project Management Services
Oversees protocols and shepherds them through the various departments for approvals. A Project Manager performs the following specific services:
The CTRI is presently offering project management services free of charge.
- Reviews, triages and tracks resources and service requests
- Routes requests to appropriate Service Directors
- Clinic Services
- Coordinator Services
- Manages pre-launch and post-launch trial activities of R2T2 and GREEN teams
- Serves as point of contact for sponsored studies
- Tracks enrollment
- Provides quality control and monitoring
- Issues invoices
Rapid Response Trials Team (R2T2)
Provides individualized support for academic protocols and projects by initiating simultaneous regulatory and scientific reviews. The R2T2 Team performs the following:
The CTRI is presently offering Rapid Response Trials Team services free of charge.
- Conducts feasibility assessment for projects
- Organizes team and tracks progress
- Initiates and tracks regulatory, contracting, budgeting, safety, nursing, pharmacy, ethics, informatics and biostatistics processes through various UC San Diego departments
- Assesses and mitigates potential hurdles and assures rapid response
- Initiates Science Reviews as needed
- Provides seamless transition to the operations team
Operations "Go" Team
Provides the infrastructure and resources to perform clinical trials and academic research projects. This team performs the following:
Operations "Go" Team services are recharged per the new recharge rates.
- Assembles appropriate team members and resources required
- Assists with participant recruitment
- Conducts study-related visits and assessments
- Tracks study progression
- Tracks and reports adverse events
- Collects, processes, stores and/or transfers biological samples
- Conducts study closeout
Read the CTRI Director's Message about the Research, Engagement and Deployment services.